I'm back in Hamburg now and I will start my regular posts again!! These photos are from the last week of my trip. These pillars are in the city of Dresden which is a beautiful old city in the East of Germany!
We walked around Dresden for about 8 hours and it was drizzling the whole time so almost everybody was walking around with an Umbrella. I took this picture because I loved how the red showed up against all of the darker "rainy day" colors.
Dresden is very well known because almost everything was completely destroyed in the bombings at the end of WWII. This Church, the Frauenkirche, was completely destroyed and was left in ruins for a long time, but in 2005 the reconstruction was completed and it was done amazingly!

After Dresden, we went to Görlitz, which is another very old city, very nice city and it's right on the border to Poland. I was there for 3 days and I went into Poland 5 times! This Monastery is about 20 minutes from Görlitz. The whole day was very cloudy, but when we got here the sun came out and the clouds disappeared making the buildings look amazing!

In addition to the Monastery above, we visited another one a bit further from Görlitz and it was totally different! It was built on top of a big mountain and the view from the top was great!

The Monastery on top of the mountain is a lot different from the other one because it is just ruins, but i really liked it. The people of the town decided that they don't want it to be rebuilt and I think it was a great decision because everything that is left looks really cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment